— the Center for Strategic Initiatives (hereinafter referred to as CSI) represented by Olzhas Khudaibergenov, Senior Partner, and Arman Satimov, Partner, took part in the Mangystau investment meeting "no tie session" on invitation of E.L. Tugzhanov,
a new governor of the Mangystau region to discuss the challenges, perspectives and opportunities for investments in Mangystau region. The CSI representatives presented their vision on Mangystau investment perspectives in terms of global and Kazakhstani changes.
More than 60 delegates and spokespersons (heads of enterprises, bankers, investors, representatives of oil companies, service providers, equipment manufacturers, inventors, and heads of small and medium-size enterprises) attended the meeting.
The key discussions points of the forum were:
- global and nationwide trends of foreign direct investments;
- competition for investments with neighboring countries;
- situation in Mangystau region;
- investments in the oil and gas industry, including geological exploration;
- AIFC role and objective in attracting investments;
- oil and gas machine building and service operations;
- transport capabilities and logistics;
- innovations, new consumer demands, new business models and governmental changes;
- reforms stemming from the implementation of Kazakhstan 2050 program, etc.
The participants also attended Atameken, a new entrepreneurship platform based on the workshops of the former Aktau Plastics Plant, Aktau Seaport Special Economic Zone (presentation regarding the development prospects) as well as Tenaris, a brand new project on cutting and preparation of pipes for the oil and gas industry.
As a result of the meeting, the management of the Mangystau region expressed its interest in collaboration with CSI, and the parties agreed on joint efforts in priority areas for this region.
CSI is a dynamically developing independent consulting and analytics-driven Kazakhstani company based in Astana. The company successfully integrates its wide local expertise with the best international standards and practices, rendering high-quality services in the strategic consulting for public and private sectors clients.